The following scholarship opportunities are
available through Pawtucket Credit Union:
Pawtucket Credit Union is pleased to announce the 2021 Investing in your Future College Scholarship and its specifications. Pawtucket Credit Union (PCU) will extend five (5) $2,000 one-time scholarships to deserving high school seniors beginning their first year of college/university.
- Applicant must be a member of Pawtucket Credit Union.
At least a custodial savings account in the applicant’s name if a minor.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a four-year college/university
undergraduate program. Proof of acceptance/enrollment must be submitted with the application.
- Applications must be received by Friday, April 2, 2021.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Any extra material sent (i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.) will not be considered. Please do not send.
- Pawtucket Credit Union employees and their children are not eligible.
Applicants must submit a strong word essay (500 words maximum) responding to the following:
What field are you interested in pursuing? How can you use the education in this field to make an impact/change in the world?
To apply, please submit the following:
- 350-500 word essay
- Proof of acceptance into college or a university undergraduate program. Please include a photocopy of the acceptance and enrollment letters on official college/university letterhead.
- Any extra material will be discarded and not considered. Please do not send.
- If you don’t have access to a computer to complete the online application, you may download the application here or obtain one by visiting one of our branch locations or contacting Jason Hernandez, AVP Community Outreach at 401-729-5767.
Decision Process & Timeline
- Applicants will be notified in June, 2021.
- Recipients will be chosen by a panel of Pawtucket Credit Union employees.
- Those receiving the scholarship will be required to attend a mandatory, PCU financial education class, tentatively scheduled for June 2021. Students who have participated in classes through PCU’s Financial Literacy Program in their high school are exempt.
- The class will be held from 3:30pm – 6pm at the Credit Union’s headquarters, located at 1200 Central Avenue, Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
Pawtucket Credit Union is pleased to announce it’s participation in the Better Values – Better Banking Credit Union College Scholarship Program sponsored by the Cooperative Credit Union. The Association’s 2021 College Scholarship Program will award three (3) $1,500 college scholarships. Information regarding eligibility for these scholarships is listed below.
- The applicant must be a high school senior accepted to a college/university undergraduate program.
- The applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of the sponsoring credit union (Pawtucket Credit Union).
- The applicant must complete a current Better Values – Better Banking Credit Union College Scholarship Program application form and submit it with the other required material to the sponsoring credit union.
Students must submit the following items with their completed applications. All items requested must be received in order for the application to qualify for consideration. All of these pieces are an essential part of the scholarship application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed Application in black ink due Friday, April 2, 2021: Download Application Here
- Academic Transcript
- A 250-word essay describing what career you wish to pursue when you complete your education and why.
- A detailed list of volunteer and community activities.
- The credit union will also have to identify applicant or parent/guardian as a member in order for the application to be considered complete.
All of these pieces are essential for consideration of your application. Failure to submit any of these pieces or incomplete submissions will result in disqualification of your application.
Mail Complete Applications To
Pawtucket Credit Union
1200 Central Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02861
We must receive completed applications from students no later than Friday, April 2nd.