Pawtucket Credit Union is pleased to announce the 2018 Investing in your Future College Scholarship and its specifications. Pawtucket Credit Union (PCU) will extend four (4) $8,000 scholarships to be dispersed over four consecutive years. The scholarship recipient will be awarded $2,000 per year during their four-year college period, and as long as the student is in good-standing and enrolled full-time at the college/university.
- Applicant must be a member of Pawtucket Credit Union.
At least a custodial savings account in the applicant’s name if a minor.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a four-year college/university
undergraduate program. Proof of acceptance/enrollment must be submitted with the application.
- Applications must be received by Friday, April 20, 2018.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Any extra material sent (i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.) will not be considered. Please do not send them.
- Pawtucket Credit Union employees and their children are not eligible.
Applicants must submit a strong word essay (500 words maximum) responding to the following:
Explain how a person or personal experience has influenced you to become the person you are today.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Completed application
- 350-500 word essay
- Proof of acceptance into college or a university undergraduate program. Please include a photocopy of the acceptance letter.
- Any extra material will be discarded and not considered. Please do not send them.
Decision Process & Timeline
- Applicants will be notified by Thursday, May 24, 2018.
- Recipients will be chosen by a panel of Pawtucket Credit Union employees.
- Those receiving the scholarship will be required to attend a mandatory, PCU financial education class, tentatively scheduled for June 2018. Students who have participated in classes through PCU’s Financial Literacy Program in their high school are exempt.
- The class will be held from 3:30pm – 6pm at the Credit Union’s headquarter, located at 1200 Central Avenue, Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
- Recipients and a guest will also be invited to attend the PCU Scholarship Luncheon in June.
Remain Eligible for the Scholarship
To remain eligible for the scholarship all applicants must meet the following:
- Students should maintain a 2.5 GPA and be considered full time while in college/university.
- If the student does not return to school for whatever reason, the scholarship is rescinded.