Pawtucket Credit Union is pleased to announce the 2020 Investing in your Future College Scholarship and its specifications. Pawtucket Credit Union (PCU) will extend four (4) $2,000 one-time scholarships to deserving high school seniors beginning their first year of college/university.
- Applicant must be a member of Pawtucket Credit Union.
At least a custodial savings account in the applicant’s name if a minor.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a four-year college/university
undergraduate program. Proof of acceptance/enrollment must be submitted with the application.
- Applications must be received by Friday, April 24, 2020.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Any extra material sent (i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.) will not be considered. Please do not send them.
- Pawtucket Credit Union employees and their children are not eligible.
Applicants must submit a strong word essay (500 words maximum) responding to the following:
What field are you interested in pursuing? How can you use the education in this field to make an impact/change in the world?
To apply, please submit the following:
- 350-500 word essay
- Proof of acceptance into college or a university undergraduate program. Please include a photocopy of the acceptance and enrollment letters on official college/university letterhead.
- Any extra material will be discarded and not considered. Please do not send them.
- If you don’t have access to a computer to complete the online application, you may download the application here or obtain one by visiting one of our branch locations or contacting Jason Hernandez, AVP Community Outreach at 401-729-5767.
Decision Process & Timeline
- Applicants will be notified by Friday, May 22, 2020.
- Recipients will be chosen by a panel of Pawtucket Credit Union employees.
- Those receiving the scholarship will be required to attend a mandatory, PCU financial education class, tentatively scheduled for June 2020. Students who have participated in classes through PCU’s Financial Literacy Program in their high school are exempt.
- The class will be held from 3:30pm – 6pm at the Credit Union’s headquarter, located at 1200 Central Avenue, Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
- Recipients and a guest will also be invited to attend the PCU Scholarship Luncheon in June.